Join the Movement: Start a Local Support Chapter
Welcome to our inclusive community of change-makers! As a nonpartisan organization, we are dedicated to supporting black women and girls exposed to daily violence and single parent/guardian/caregiver homes with children between the ages of 0-8. We also support black women working in expert spaces on violence prevention and community violence intervention. However, our mission extends to all women in need, and we welcome anyone who shares our commitment to creating a safer and more empowered future for our communities. By starting a local support chapter, you can make a significant impact in your community and beyond.
Steps to Start a Local Support Chapter
Starting a local support chapter is easy and rewarding. Here are the steps to get started:
- Learn About Our Mission: Familiarize yourself with our mission and the specific communities we aim to support. Understand the challenges faced by black women and girls, as well as all women in need, and how you can address them effectively.
- Connect with Us: Reach out to our team to express your interest in starting a local support chapter. We will provide you with the necessary information and resources to guide you through the process.
- Plan and Organize: Develop a plan for your local support chapter, including goals, activities, and events. Consider the specific needs of your community and how you can address them effectively.
- Engage the Community: Connect with local organizations, community leaders, and individuals who share your passion for supporting women in need. Collaborate with them to maximize your impact and reach.
- Launch and Sustain: Host a launch event to introduce your local support chapter to the community. Maintain regular communication and engagement with your members, organizing events, workshops, and initiatives that align with our mission.